[Your Agenda Here]

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

No PreSchooler Left Untested...

The fact they were testing Head Start preschoolers was news to me...
I'm reminded of a cartoon I saw once, with a politician asking a young boy, "So, Johnny, what did you learn in school this year?" The boy's speech bubble contains a standardized test form with letters filled in.

GAO: Federal preschool test flawed

Wednesday, May 18, 2005 Posted: 11:12 AM EDT (1512 GMT)


WASHINGTON (AP) -- The test used to gauge the academic progress of children in Head Start is not a valid measure of their learning, congressional investigators say.

The Government Accountability Office's review, released Tuesday, found a series of flaws with the National Reporting System test and with the way it is run by the Head Start Bureau.

1 Comments:

  • What pisses me off most about this push for "higher test scores" is that they're sacrificing everything from P.E to music class to devote time and money to teaching kids how to take a test. I always think of Maria in The Sound of Music saying, "Excuse me sir but when do they play?"

    By Blogger Stephanie, at 8:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home