[Your Agenda Here]

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Who's on first?

When asked about the FEMA chief's resignation on CNN yesterday afternoon, Bush replied "I can't comment on something that you may know more about than I do."

Listen for yourself.

But, as he said, he's been busy on the ground, and maybe he missed the news.

Because, of course, all his information comes from the news. Here's another interesting snippet from a press interview (full interview is here):
Q:
Did they misinform you when you said that no one anticipated the breach of the levees?

THE PRESIDENT:
No, what I was referring to is this. When that storm came by, a lot of people said we dodged a bullet. When that storm came through at first, people said, whew. There was a sense of relaxation, and that's what I was referring to. And I, myself, thought we had dodged a bullet. You know why? Because I was listening to people, probably over the airways, say, the bullet has been dodged. And that was what I was referring to.

Of course, there were plans in case the levee had been breached. There was a sense of relaxation in the moment, a critical moment. And thank you for giving me a chance to clarify that.



Glad to know "people probably over the airways" are your major source of information, Mr. President. (I guess you just plum forgot that Fox News was touting Iraq's weapons of mass destruction at your administration's say-so. You heard it on TV, so it must've been true!) And I have to wonder what that large advisory staff of yours is for...

1 Comments:

  • I did see a "who's on first" conversation between Brown and someone else. Can't remember where. It was funny though.

    By Blogger Stephanie, at 3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home