[Your Agenda Here]

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Do-it-yourself voter reform

I decided a while back that I was going to throw all my energy into making sure we had some small chance at an honest election.

Why?

Well, this video is one reason. Watch it. Pass it along to ALL your friends and relatives, of ALL political stripes.


What can you do to protect the vote?

What I did: I've joined a local ballot integrity group that is trying to get our state to move back to hand-counted paper ballots. I'm working on them with outreach, using the skills I have to write and design fliers that will alert the maximum number of people about this issue. Like most of you, I don't have that much time, I have a job, I have a family. But I make the time for this group as I can, because some things are that important. I'm using what I've got. The main thing I'm working on is to mobilize people who have more time, money, and influence than I do.

Here's a handy-dandy "How-to" kit you can download that will help you find one thing you can do to help take back our vote, courtesy of Black Box Voting:
http://www.bbvforums.org/cgi-bin/forums/board-auth.cgi?file=/1954/36341.html

Just one action from enough individuals can turn the tide in this fight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home