[Your Agenda Here]

Thursday, August 31, 2006

A note about John Murtha

I live in Murtha's district, same as I did in high school. Many organizations are asking for money on Murtha's behalf, to run a "counter-campaign" against his opponent. Murtha usually runs unopposed.

There are no Murtha attack ads (that I've seen) and I watch the local channels for the evening news, the prime time for political ads. Morever, Murtha's campaign is not running any ads. Why should he waste the money? He's running as he always has: on his record of what he's done for the area over his years of service. He supported me in a problem I was having in high school (it's a long story but one that a politican would love) and I know he's personally and generally helped just about all of his constituents and that's what people here pay attention to.

So if you're approached for a donation to help support Jack Murtha in his campaign against an upstart no one in his district has ever heard of, put your money elsewhere.

Someone who is running ads in our area? Bob Casey, who is running against Rick Santorum. Now that's an interesting pair of campaigns.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home